About the Journal
Natural Medicine Journal is a cutting-edge electronic journal and website for integrative healthcare practitioners, students, faculty, and anyone interested in the field of natural medicine. Readers of the journal and visitors to the site will find scientifically valid, clinically relevant information within the peer-reviewed monthly journal and online resources.
Natural Medicine Journal is proud to reach more integrative medicine practitioners than any other peer-reviewed journal either online or in print. Each month, through free subscription or through affiliation with our Community Partners, thousands of healthcare practitioners receive the peer-reviewed content of the Natural Medicine Journal.
The official journal of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Natural Medicine Journal is published by parent company Diversified Communications, which also produces both IntegrativePractitioner.com and The Integrative Healthcare Symposium.
For information on advertising, you can download the media kit here. If you have any questions or want to discuss opportunities, please contact Carmella Perrone, Sales Manager.
Statement of Purpose
Natural Medicine Journal provides scientifically valid, patient-centered healthcare information to the medical community. Clinically relevant, respected content and strong collaboration among key integrative medicine organizations fosters communication and helps build a cohesive community among those interested in the burgeoning field of natural medicine.
E-Journal and Online Resource Center
Natural Medicine Journal is a revolutionary e-journal and open-access content website for integrative healthcare practitioners, as well as students and faculty who focus on the field of natural medicine. Readers of the journal and visitors to the site will find scientifically valid, clinically relevant information within the peer-reviewed monthly journal and online resources.
Natural Medicine Journal is proud to reach more integrative medicine practitioners than any other peer-reviewed journal either online or in print. Each month members of the Community Partners program have access to the peer-reviewed content of the Natural Medicine Journal. Healthcare professionals who are not a member of our Community Partners program are also invited to sign up to ensure receipt of the journal every month.
Exclusive, never-before-published research in the field of integrative medicine
A summary of recent research involving a specific nutrient, condition, or healing modality
Clinical applications of naturopathic medicine for a specific condition
Exploring the relationship between nutrients, herbs, and pharmaceutical agents
Description, indications, and clinical applications of an herb or nutrient
Leading researchers throughout the world to explore challenges and successes
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Mission Statement
As a leader in the global exposition, conference, and digital media industries, Diversified Communications (owner and operator of Integrative Practitioner), recognizes its responsibility to drive discussions and actively advance the principles of racial equality, social justice, and inclusion. We believe that our communities are richer, stronger, and more dynamic when they are diverse, equitable, and welcoming.
Diversified Communications’ Mission:
- Acknowledge that change begins from within. We will educate ourselves to champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will be staunchly anti-racist, pro-LGBTQIA+, and accommodating to all abilities and circumstances. We stand against bias, intolerance, and discrimination of any kind.
- Foster work environments that are welcoming to and inclusive of everyone. Employees will feel comfortable and represented at offices and events. Equitable opportunities for success will exist for everyone. We will actively recruit candidates of diverse backgrounds to broaden and strengthen our employee population.
- Ensure our external work reflects our beliefs and our mission. We will position our marketing to represent our diverse industries and customer base. We will foster diversity, equity, and inclusion discussions at our events and within industry associations.
- Create community partnerships. We will actively partner with community organizations who lead the way in social justice work to affect necessary changes where we work and live.
Natural Medicine Journal's Promise:
Natural Medicine Journal aims to influence and encourage an ecosystem for equitable representation and the open exchange of ideas by committing to the following:
- Actively seeking out healthcare practitioners and subject matter experts from diverse backgrounds to contribute toNatural Medicine Journal’s content library
- Addressing inequities in integrative healthcare with analytical content pieces driven by Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) thought leaders
- Sharing third party resources that discuss DEI issues in healthcare
- Improving Natural Medicine Journal's web design for optimal accessibility
- Increasing the number of webinars that offer closed captioning
- Actively avoid scheduling digital events during high holy days of all faiths
If you have recommendations on additional steps that Natural Medicine Journal can take to create a more inclusive environment and/or drive DEI initiatives in the integrative space, please contact Katherine Shagoury, Group Digital Product Manager, Integrative Practitioner and Natural Medicine Journal.
Tina Kaczor, ND, FABNO
Editor In Chief
Lise Alschuler, ND, FABNO
Editor, Abstracts & Commentary
Deirdre Shevlin Bell
Vice President of Content and Communications
Founder & NMJ Podcast Host
Avery St. Onge
Digital Product Director, Integrative Practitioner and Natural Medicine Journal
Marketing Manager, Integrative Practitioner and Natural Medicine Journal
Marketing Coordinator, Integrative Practitioner and Natural Medicine Journal
Sales Manager, Integrative Practitioner, Natural Medicine Journal, and Integrative Healthcare Symposium
Group Vice President, Integrative Practitioner, Natural Medicine Journal, and Integrative Healthcare Symposium
Natural Medicine Journal is published 12 times per year by Diversified Communications. ©2021 Diversified Communications. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in whole or in part without written permission from the publisher. The statements and opinions in the articles in this publication are the responsibility of the authors; Diversified Communications assumes no liability for any information published herein. Advertisements in this publication do not indicate endorsement or approval of the products or services by the editors or authors of this publication. Diversified Communications is not liable for any injury or harm to persons or property resulting from statements made or products or services referred to in the articles or advertisements.