Call for Submissions
Diversified Communications, owner and publisher of the Natural Medicine Journal (“NMJ”), is actively soliciting article submissions in all areas of natural and integrative health and medicine. To submit an article for consideration, review the below Editorial Guidelines below and then click the SUBMIT AN ARTICLE button to be guided through the remainder of the submission process.
The purpose of NMJ is to provide scientifically valid information based on the most recent, high-quality research with clinical applications to healthcare professionals. All submissions must be in line with that purpose.
Submissions that fit within the following categories will be considered:
- Original Research – An article reviewing in vitro or human clinical trials associated with some clinically relevant aspect of natural medicine.
- Abstracts & Commentary – A summary of a recent study that (1) outlines key findings, (2) puts those findings into the context of existing research on the subject, and (3) discusses the clinical applications of the studies from the perspective of natural and integrative practitioners.
- Literature Review – A summary of recent research involving a specific nutrient, condition, or healing modality.
- Treatment Protocol – A protocol with clinical applications of natural medicine for a specific condition.
- Treatment Consideration – An article describing a treatment intervention that could be added to an existing protocol.
- Interactions – An article that explores the relationship between nutrients, herbs, and pharmaceutical agents.
- Herb or Nutrient Profile – A description of indications of use, clinical applications, warnings, and interactions of a specific herb or nutrient.
Criteria for Acceptance
Articles submitted must meet the following criteria in order to be further considered or accepted for publication. Company may communicate defects in the articles submitted and provide an opportunity for Contributor to make corrections but has no obligation to do so.
- Submission is relevant and timely to the current practices of natural medicine.
- Experiments, statistics, and other analyses are performed to a high standard and are described in sufficient detail.
- Conclusions are presented in an appropriate fashion and are supported by evidence-based data.
- Article is presented in an intelligible fashion and is written in English.
- All references are footnoted and included at the end of the paper using AMA style.
- Research presented meets all applicable standards for the ethics of experimentation and research integrity.
- Original Research manuscripts must include the following sections in the following order:
- Authors and Affiliations
- Registration (for clinical trials)
- Review and Overview manuscripts must include the following sections in the following order:
- Authors and Affiliations
- Content Focus (see above)
The editorial board features a diverse group of respected healthcare professionals who are prepared to evaluate submissions based on the editorial guidelines and goals of the journal.
Conflict of Interest
NMJ follows the Conflict of Interest guidelines established by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Conflict of interest exists when the author's financial or personal relationship inappropriately influences the content of the submission. Relationships including employment, consultancies, stock ownership, honoraria, and paid expert testimony from a company or manufacturer that benefits from the outcome of the information presented are the most common type of conflict of interest. All authors must disclose any conflicts of interests associated with the subject matter of the submission. Conflict of interest does not necessarily negate a submission; however, full disclosure of any conflict of interest for accepted submissions will be required at the time of publication.
Copyright Transfer & Exclusivity
NMJ will not publish prior works or information that have already been published. By submitting the work, the author is thereby assuring the publisher that it is an original article that has not been previously published and is not being considered for publication elsewhere. Simultaneous submissions will not be accepted. Additionally, the author must agree that upon acceptance and publication all right title and interest in the copyright of the article will transfer to NMJ.
For questions about editorial submissions, contact the Natural Medicine Journal editorial team at [email protected].