At the 2nd International Congress on Naturopathic Medicine held in Paris, July 4-6, 2014, over 30 participants representing national associations from around the world voted unanimously to form the World Naturopathic Federation (WNF).
The mission of the WNF will be to
- support the growth and diversity of naturopathic medicine worldwide;
- support the regulation of naturopathy and naturopathic medicine;
- promote accreditation and the highest educational standards for our global profession;
- encourage naturopathic research;
- establish and maintain a database of naturopathic organizations, regulations, accreditation, conferences, and research activities; and
- work with world agencies (eg, World Health Organization, United Nations, UNESCO) and governments to promote naturopathic medicine.
An interim organizational committee of 8 members representing Canada, the United States, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, India, Australia, and New Zealand was appointed at the organizational meeting. This committee shall incorporate the WNF, prepare a draft constitution/bylaws, manage operations, invite national organizations to become charter members, and conduct a survey to assess the status of the naturopathic profession in each country. In 2016, the first general assembly will convene to ratify the constitution/bylaws and elect an executive council.
For more information on the WNF, visit www.worldnaturopathicfederation.org.