Study Medication and Dosage
Main Outcome Measures
The report of improved glucose tolerance in humans mirrors recent findings from other trials conducted by the same and other research groups.
1. Zhang Y, Li X, Zou D, et al. Treatment of type 2 diabetes and dyslipidemia with the natural plant alkaloid berberine. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:2559-2565.
2. Yin J, Xing H, Ye J. Efficacy of berberine in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Metabolism. 2008;57(5):712-717.
3. Chan, E. Displacement of bilirubin from albumin by berberine. Biol Neonate. 1993;63(4):201-208.
4. Li K, Yao W, Zheng X, Liao K. Berberine promotes the development of atherosclerosis and foam cell formation by inducing scavenger receptor A expression in macrophage. Cell Res. 2009;19(8):1006-1017.
5. Yin J, Xing H, Ye J. Efficacy of berberine in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Metabolism. 2008;57(5):712-717.
Copyright © 2010 by the Natural Medicine Journal All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the publisher.