Study Medication and Dosage
Main Outcome Measures
A lower dietary magnesium intake was associated with impaired lung function, bronchial hyperreactivity, and an increased risk of wheezing.
- being on drug medication that can deplete magnesium;
- hyperventilating, which can deplete magnesium;
- stress, which can deplete magnesium;
- and/oranxiety, which can deplete magnesium.
1. Altura BM. Introduction: importance of Mg in physiology and medicine and the need for ion selective electrodes.2. Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl. 1994;217:5-9.
3. Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intake for Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Fluoride. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press; 1997.
4. Britton J, Pavord I, Richards K, et al. Dietary magnesium, lung function, wheezing and airway hyperreactivity in a random population sample. Lancet. 1994;344:357-362.
5. Seelig MS. Consequences of magnesium deï¬ÂÂÂciency on the enhancement of stress reactions; preventive and therapeutic implications (a review). J Am Coll Nutr. 1994;13(5):429-446.