Air pollution is a known risk factor in cardiovascular disease and respiratory disorders, but what impact does it have on mood? This study found that women with higher exposure to air pollution were more likely to experience anxiety. Read full article …
(Click image to read full article.)
Thanks to our Special Issue Sponsors
- Emerson Ecologics
- Integrative Therapeutics
- Jovial Foods
- PERQUE Integrative Health
- Setria Glutathione
These results certainly have a clear clinical implication. We should consider the potential impact of air quality on any patient with anxiety symptoms.
- Banerjee M, Siddique S, Dutta A, Mukherjee B, Ranjan Ray M. Cooking with biomass increases the risk of depression in pre-menopausal women in India. Soc Sci Med. 2012 Aug;75(3):565-572.
- Cho J, Choi YJ, Suh M, et al. Air pollution as a risk factor for depressive episode in patients with cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, or asthma. J Affect Disord. 2014 Mar;157:45-51.
- Tzivian L, Winkler A, Dlugaj M, et al. Effect of long-term outdoor air pollution and noise on cognitive and psychological functions in adults. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2015;218(1):1-11.
- Tabraiz S, Ahmad S, Shehzadi I, Asif MB. Study of physio-psychological effects on traffic wardens due to traffic noise pollution; exposure-effect relation. J Environ Health Sci Eng. 2015 Apr 16;13:30.
- Wang Y, Eliot MN, Koutrakis P, et al. Ambient air pollution and depressive symptoms in older adults: results from the MOBILIZE Boston study. Environ Health Perspect. 2014;122(6):553-558.
- Gao Y, Xu T, Sun W. Ambient air pollution and depressive symptoms in older adults. Environ Health Perspect. 2015;123(5):A114.
- Calderón-Garcidueñas L, Calderón-Garcidueñas A, Torres-Jardón R, Avila-Ramírez J, Kulesza RJ, Angiulli AD. Air pollution and your brain: what do you need to know right now. Prim Health Care Res Dev. 2015;16(4):329-345.
- Shah AS, Lee KK, McAllister DA, et al. Short term exposure to air pollution and stroke: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ. 2015 Mar 24;350:h1295.