High School Virtual Fair
October 19-24, November 16-21 or December 14-19 All Day Events
Attention High School Students!
Do you want to be a doctor who:
- treats the whole person?
- uses alternative and conventional evidence-based therapies?
- is an expert in nutrition herbs and other natural therapies?
- develops a relationship with their patients and teaches them healthier lifestyles?
If this sounds like you – or if you are considering your career options, please join us any time during the week of October 19-24 for a free virtual fair. Parents, teachers and advisors are welcome to join as well. Learn what it takes to apply to naturopathic medical school and exciting career options as an ND!
Defeating Depression: A Holistic Approach
October 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Join the AANMC and Dr. Christina Bjorndal for an informative webinar covering her personal and professional experience working with depression. Dr. Chris has created a unique approach to working with patients struggling with mental health. This framework not only addresses the physical side of health, but emphasizes the mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of healing.
Dr. Bjorndal will cover:
- Supporting the neurotransmitter and neuroendocrine systems with diet, nutritional supplementation and herbal medicine
- The 10 step framework for maintaining balanced mental health in patients with depression
- Supporting emotional health and understanding their connection to overall wellness
- Practical tools NDs use, including mindfulness, self-compassion and cognitive behavioral therapy
- How NDs observe the emotions hidden behind patient stories
Naturopathic Approaches to Diabetes
November 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Join the AANMC and Dr. Mona Morstein to learn how powerful naturopathic medicine can be for Type 2 Diabetes! In this educational presentation, attendees will understand how NDs comprehensively manage patients with Type 2 Diabetes, including ordering labs/imaging, and prescribing evidence informed therapies like diet, supplementation, exercise, sleep, stress management, and detoxification. Dr. Morstein will also touch upon management of diabetic complications.
Naturopathic Medical College Virtual Fair
December 1 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm EST
Are you a student, career changer or just curious about naturopathic medical education? Look no further – this is the perfect place to get all your questions answered and start on your journey to becoming an ND! Don’t have any questions? See what others are asking, and get answers to questions you didn’t even know you had! Admissions representatives, faculty, and students from the accredited schools will be online to speak with you.
Colds, Flus and Winter Blues: The Connection Between Your Immune System and Seasonal Affective Disorder
December 3 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Winter months got you down? Join the AANMC and Dr. Danielle Smith Lockwood to learn more about the connection between your immune health and seasonal affective disorder.
Here’s what you can expect to learn:
- What makes us more susceptible to colds and flus in the winter
- Connect the dots between gut, immune system, neurotransmitters, and vitamin D
- Tips to prevent colds and flus naturally and stabilize your mood going into the winter
- Patient case study
Changing Careers: Balancing Family and ND School
January 9 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Wondering how to balance ND school and life responsibilities? You are invited to join us as four current students and recent graduates discuss their experiences balancing family and naturopathic medical school. Dr. JoAnn Yanez, executive director of the AANMC, will moderate the discussion. There will be time after the presentation for questions from attendees.